The driving force behind Supported Recruitment is Co-Director, Richard Robinson, a qualified primary school teacher and well-known face across the city’s education scene.
- Specialist Leader in Education (SLE)
- Supported teachers and leaders in both the Yorkshire and Humberside regions
- 15 years’ experience teaching KS2
- Assistant Head at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy
- Deputy Head at Haxby Road Primary Academy
- Leader of literacy training across the Ebor Academy Trust
- Lead literacy teacher for York City Council
Richard started his teaching career in York over 15 years ago and it is through his own progression from teacher, to leader, mentor and coach that the idea for Supported came about.
“As a leader and a teacher, I have worked with many supply teachers over the years and recognise that it can be a very difficult task to go into a new school and teach effectively, often at short notice.
I believe strongly that, in order to succeed, supply teachers need continuous professional support and access to quality resources. I have completed a few spells of supply work in different schools, so I have valuable insight into how supply teaching works, from the perspective of the teacher and the school leader.
Many agencies do a great job finding their teachers work and assigning them to a short-term job; however at Supported, we have a fresh approach. We invest in our teachers, prepare them, coach and mentor them and provide shared resources and toolkits so they can feel confident walking in to a classroom regardless of how long their contract is. Importantly we will also help our teachers to progress in their careers.
We form strong, working relationships with schools to help us gain a deep understanding of their recruitment needs.”
Richard is fully involved with supporting and placing supply teachers. He is on-hand providing advice and feedback throughout the period of each contract.
James is our Co-Director at Supported Recruitment. He is an experienced recruiter and manager with a proven track record in building successful, long-term relationships with clients and candidates.
- Twelve years’ experience in recruitment, three of which have been in a management capacity, placing people into both permanent and temporary contracts
- Nine years working with local authorities
- As a Senior Manager, helped guide EBS Leeds social work division, to become Team of the Year 2017
- Played an integral role in the recruitment, assessment and training of graduates and new consultants through the HCIG graduate scheme
James has worked in recruitment for over a decade and takes real pride in delivering the best possible service for the people he works with.
“Being a parent myself I know what a truly amazing job teachers do and what important role models they are. It’s so important that they are given the recognition and support they deserve and this is the ethos behind the support packages we provide. We want to give teachers every possible chance and opportunity to thrive within this wonderful profession.”
Helen is our Co-Director at Supported Recruitment Leeds. She is a qualified teacher and has over 13 years’ experience of senior leadership across the Primary phase.
- 15 years’ experience teaching EYFS and KS1
- Assistant Headteacher and Acting Headteacher at Penistone, St John’s Infant School
- Deputy Head at Penistone, St John the Baptist CE (VA) Primary School
- Head of School (Infant Site) at Penistone, St John the Baptist CE (VA) Primary School
- Extensive range of experience supporting teachers, RQTs, NQTs, students and Teaching Assistants across a large 3-form entry school (Ofsted rated Outstanding).
Helen started her teaching career in Barnsley, specialising in the early years and KS1 phases. Her passion for education and continual drive to ensure all children and staff become ‘the best versions of themselves’ resulted in her moving into headship. Over the years, Helen has used her inclusive leadership style to lead her team successfully through significant periods of change, whereby staff have felt valued and supported to progress and enjoy their teaching careers. She has extensive experience of mentoring and coaching across the primary phase, identifying personal strengths and designing bespoke CPD opportunities to ensure all members of her team succeed.
Helen is the lead school-support contact for the Leeds branch; offering practical advice, support and feedback for all supply placements.
Gemma is a qualified primary teacher and nursery nurse. She has 18 years experience of working with children and has worked at a number of nurseries and schools in York.
Gemma works alongside Richard and is passionate about supporting teachers placed in Early Years and Key Stage One.
Ruth is an experienced teacher with a wealth of experience across the primary age ranges. She supports, advises and mentors our supply teachers during their time in school.
- 17 years of experience working in primary education across Key Stages 1 & 2
- Maths Co-ordinator at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy, previously at Haxby Road Primary Academy
- Experienced in school-to-school support
- Class mentor for student teachers
Ruth started her teaching career in York 17 years ago and has since worked in a number of primary schools within York, across Key Stages 1 & 2. Through her school-to-school support work, Ruth has supported teachers in their own schools and student teachers at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy, where she works two days a week.
Working closely with Richard and Gemma, Ruth supports teachers at all levels within primary schools.